Ms. Schwartz practices in federal and state court. She has represented clients in commercial litigation matters, including professional responsibility matters, legal malpractice cases and partnership disputes. Ms. Schwartz also has experience in family law matters, contract disputes and civil rights litigation.
- Defended large national law firm against legal malpractice action.
- Represented law firm in a dispute concerning a member’s withdrawal liability.
- Represented client who alleged malicious prosecution and false arrest in federal court.
- Represented individuals in high net worth divorce proceedings.
- Represented national pharmacy benefits manager in arbitration addressing complex breach of contract claims.
- A.B., Princeton University, Anthropology with a Certificate in French Language and Culture, 2008.
Graduated summa cum laude
Varsity Women’s Lightweight Rowing
- J.D., The University of Chicago, 2014.
Graduated with honors
Executive Topics & Comments Editor of The University of Chicago Law Review
- Admitted to the Illinois Bar, 2014.
- Law clerk to the Hon. Matthew F. Kennelly, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2014-2015.
- Law clerk to the Hon. Richard A. Posner, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2015-2016.
- Admitted to the bars of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- “‘Super Contacts’: Invoking Aiding-and-Abetting Jurisdiction to Hold Foreign Nonparties in Contempt of Court,” The University of Chicago Law Review, 2013
- Chicago Bar Association
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association
- Advisory Board, Illinois Justice Project
- Princeton Club of Chicago