Ms. Wells has represented companies, individuals, and government agencies and officials in complex litigation matters in both state and federal court. Her practice involves a wide variety of substantive areas of the law, including legal ethics, constitutional law, commercial law, professional liability, FOIA, and family law matters.
- Represented individual in a partnership dispute involving breach of fiduciary duty claims and contested control over closely held entities.
- Represented law firm and attorney in action in federal court involving federal constitutional and state law claims.
- Represented individual before the Chicago Board of Ethics.
- Represented government in groundbreaking investigations and litigation related to the deceptive marketing of opioid prescription painkillers.
- Successfully defeated First Amendment challenge to personnel policy of government agency.
- Represented government agency in breach of contract disputes and challenges to procurement decisions.
- Obtained favorable settlement of statutory challenge to a city zoning determination.
- Defended municipal taxi dispatch service challenged on constitutional grounds.
- B.A., Georgetown University, College of Arts and Sciences, Government, Sociology, 2005.
Graduated magna cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
- J.D., Stanford Law School, 2010.
Pro Bono Distinction
Member, Stanford Journal of International Law
- Admitted to the Illinois Bar, 2010.
- Law clerk to the Hon. Ruben Castillo, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2010-2012.
- Law clerk to the Hon. William Bauer, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2012-2013.
- Assistant Corporation Counsel in the City of Chicago Department of Law, Constitutional and Commercial Litigation Division, 2013-2016.
- Associate with this firm, 2016-2018; became a partner in 2019.
- Admitted to the bars of the U. S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association